Pack?! What, why, we have a whole week until WonderCon. Um, yeah, ONLY a week and a half, so best get going on the packing. I’m fully serious!
OK, so what the heck do I pack for nerd camp? Here’s a list of some must haves for any con:
- Comfy shoes. You’ll be walking A LOT!
- Insoles for shoes. I bring a couple of pair and switch them everyday
- Backpack or messenger bag. Something with padded straps
- Comfy leggings or jeans
- T-shirts. Get on sorting through which ones are going with you. You need to suit up properly
- Something a little dressier for any parties you are attending
- Make a list of all the pieces to each cosplay you are taking, so nothing gets left at home
- Jewelry, if required
- Boots and shoes that go with your cosplays
- Wigs, if required
- Make-up, if required
- A hotel quick fix kit with glue gun, safety pins, bobby pins, fabric tape, toupee tape, scissors, needles and thread, and paints with brushes
- Your badge!
- If your badge isn’t mailed to you, don’t panic, not all of them were. Print out the barcode to pick up your badge when you get there
- Print out of your hotel reservation
- Plane tickets, if needed
- Pre-pay for airport parking and have a shuttle to get you to your hotel all set up
- Map out your driving route and alternate route
- If you are driving, get your car serviced
- Pack all your devices and their chargers
- Extra phone batteries
- Ear buds
- Download the Con app. It’s free!
For the Hotel
- Snacks and drinks
- A cooler if your hotel doesn’t have a fridge
- Any muscle rollers to roll it out after a long day of walking and standing
- Heat and/or cold packs for sore muscles
- Over the counter pain relief
- Your prescription medications
- Sunscreen (just in case you get stuck outside waiting to get in somewhere, it happens)
If you think of anything I left off this list, just shoot a comment and I’ll add it! Scout and I can’t wait to see you all next week!
Love, Kim and Scout